8.18.2007

Unearned v.2.0

Today's game kind of reminded me of the expansion Tampa Bay D-Rays... it's pitiful. We really should've won that game-- three unearned runs? Are you fuckin' kidding me? I don't know what it is with Rojo, but the team must have something against him when they play defense. Now in back-to-back starts he's given up three unearned runs because his defence let him down. What the fuck guys?! We're supposed to be some amazing defensive team, not the holder of the fourth most errors in the AL with 79.

Overbay's defense is way down. Hill's defense is way down. Wells' defense is way down. Fuck guys, do you have daddy issues or something? Overbay's usually a great defender but he's made two errors in two games, fuck. Hill's defense is way down, which I'm really starting to think is because of his knee that was hurting in the all-star break for unknown reasons.

I love the Jays, honest I do, but the way they've been playing defensively I can honestly say they don't love me back. What good is effective pitching if the defense is standing there with their fingers in their mouths?

Anyway, enough ragging on the Jays, it makes me feel bad.

The Good

I love these little offensive explosions that we keep having, it gets my hopes up...

We did manage to get another two doubles, so that keeps the streak going, 25 straight games with a double.

Yet another bonerific play from Johnny Mac The Wizard when he blocked the baserunner from sliding into second base with his knee so he could apply the tag. Paint that shit gold.

Matt Stairs got a homerun, now he's tied with Troy Glaus with 15...

The Bad

Matt Stairs got a homerun, now he's tied with Troy Glaus with 15... what the fuck! Troy Glaus get your head out of your ass and hit some slobberknockers, as Jim Lang of Sportsnet would say.

Our gloves are still faulty, fuck.

The Ugly

Our defense, obviously, was pretty damn ugly. Renee Zellweger ugly-- and that's pretty damn ugly. In fact, I'm too pissed off to write any more.

No comments: